Rest assured, there is a solution!
Let us introduce you to our favourite personality assessment tool: McQuaig Psychometric System. The McQuaig System offers two outstanding processes which you can use alone or pop them together for absolute best results.
This involves the employer completing an online survey answering questions about the ideal candidate. The questions are framed to really dig into what the employer is looking for. More than one person can complete this survey, resulting in a ‘composite report’ comprising the collated feedback from all people completing the survey. Sometimes this can also highlight where managers in the business have opposing views on what you’re really looking for, so this also prompts some really good internal conversations to get everyone on the same page!
A comprehensive report is provided giving the employer real insight into the ideal candidate for their role, along with some great interview questions to use too! We love doing the job survey prior to writing a job advert so that we can use key phrases from the report in the ad to attract the right candidates!
WORD SURVEY REPORT
Shortlisted candidates complete an online survey answering questions about themselves (there is no right or wrong answer). Once completed a detailed psychometric report is generated and sent to the employer including the following sections:
- The natural behaviour and temperament of the candidate.
- Areas of development, value they provide and potential concerns.
- Leadership style including how relationships are built, how instructions are provided and how team are managed (for relevant leadership roles).
- Selling style including typical techniques used and approach to sales (relevant roles).
- Tips on how to manage, coach and develop the candidate based on what motivates them, their learning style and team approach.
- If the employer completes a job survey prior to surveying shortlisted candidates then the candidates are matched to the job survey profile and the employer receives an understanding of whether the candidate if a strong match, potential match or does not match the role requirements as described by the employer in the job survey.
WHY OUR CLIENTS LOVE IT
- Efficient, timely and affordable method of making an educated decision about who they employ. It’s so simple!
- Suggested interview, reference check questions and tips on how to manage the candidate once in the role are provided based on the candidates personality.
- Fantastic tool for senior level management and those tricky hires all businesses face.
- The report genuinely assists in preventing wrong hires and saves time and costs in interviewing, training and inductions, client relationships and cultural disruptions.
WHY WE LOVE IT
We believe in ‘hire slow, fire fast’! The investment you make in the recruitment process to on-board the right person in the first place, goes a ridiculously long way to ensuring excellent workplace cultural fit and long term success as well as reducing problems that can be encountered down the road. We love using this tool to secure fantastic insight into candidates we’re considering for roles and we also know when someone is just not going to ‘fit’ a role or a client! Knowledge is power!
If you would like to learn more about the McQuaig Psychometric System, including reviewing a sample report and/or the costs involved, please contact the offices of HR Staff n’ Stuff and one of our team members will happily assist you.